Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting Started


Day One. Deconstruction.

I identified the hull that I was going to use. Actually, as they were both in the same condition, it was a coin toss. All road wheels were removed, along with any other parts that needed to come off. On the rear plate, I left mufflers, starter, Fiefel air cleaners, toolbox, fenders, etc. The jack was the only thing removed. Seams were everywhere, and these were addressed. The side fenders were pulled, and these were cut and sectioned, as they should be. The mounting holes for them were filled and sanded.

On the front glacis is a mounted shovel. This is accurate, but the placement, as designed by Tamiya, can’t possibly be correct, or it would get in the way of the coaxial machine gun in the ball mount. Off came the shovel, and the mounts, and these were filled. Keep the shovel, though, for later. This is where I decided (OUCH!) that I am going to buy the Aber 25002 set of photo etch tool holders. Aber makes these for both early and late applications in 1:25 scale. Check Roll Models. While you are there, get the Tiger I grill set, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment